Sunday, October 5, 2008

Last Minute

It's been quite a week. On Monday I checked in to confirm my plans for the week-- whether it would be kosher to take a train from Oakland, where I would be visiting my brother Colin, to Sacramento. What I found out was that our start date might be moved six weeks later to Nov. 10.

A few days of panic and very little information circulated around the NCCC new member community. I couldn't image what I would do for six weeks more before starting, much more with 6 weeks less afterwards. They never really explained what the reason for the delay might have been, though it was widely speculated that it was due to the Congressional budget vote. This was confirmed when we could find out a direct answer until Friday after the vote.

For me this was neither here nor there, since I had already cancelled my trip to a Oakland and had to wait until about an hour ago to find whether I would be leaving tomorrow or not. I now know that I should be leaving for Phoenix around 6:00 tomorrow morning and get to Sacramento around 10:00. Fun times. Wish me happy travels.

No comments: