Hey all,
I'm just finishing up with day 2 as of now, and things are just starting to settle down. I'm still not used to the time change, but the pace of things is starting to slow down and the caffeine-rush of day one has worn off. It feels similar to the first days of college, with a flurry of strangers to learn the names of, but the people seem much more friendly and less judgemental than those of DePauw. It's hard, though, to commit to meeting a lot of new people considering many of them I won't see after the end of the month.
I've been put in a temporary 'pod' of people for our in-processing week. We won't get our final team until next week-- the group of about 10 people that stick together until July. The powers-that-be need to choose the members of the special 'fuel reduction teams' (sort of low-level fire fighters) before they can make the rest of the teams. To those who worry for me, don't-- I'm not applying for that. Their projects are much more rigid, and they miss out on a lot of other forms of service.
I don't have much more for now, I've hardly had time for reflection thus far. California is much hotter than I would have ever imagined. Its as hot as June every day, but the nights are pleasant. I don't think I'll mind getting up at 5:30 to exercise as long as it feels this nice. I just got done playing a two hour long round of night-time ultimate frisbee, and it felt like it could keep on going.
1 comment:
I love you! And I hope all your new friends are playing nice! :)
Post a Comment