Btw,
It's been one year and 4 days since I first embarked on my Amer-Adventures. All I have to say is that there should have been some sort of day-long workshop during graduation week about integration back into society.
Occasionally it feels like kind of like a breakup, leaving a lifestyle, a work, and a group of people that were so integrated into life for so long-- and became so dear. Certainly it had the same effects as a breakup in the the month after graduation: listlessness, confusion, loneliness. As I have seen from facebook statuses, I was definitely not the only one to go through this either.
I remember joking about it during graduation with my TL friend Brandon (he had done the CM--> TL transition) that the next few weeks for were going to be like the beginning scene of Apocalypse Now! where Martin Sheen's character freaks out and does kung fu in his underwear and breaks through a mirror after spending all the time in country in Vietnam. Truthfully, it was not far from reality-- at least capturing the feeling for me. I can't speak for Brandon.
No comments:
Post a Comment