Work really stinks. I'm sure I'll appreciate what's getting done right now, but for the last few weeks it's been about as crazy as it can be imagined. To not sound like I'm whining, I'll let you know that I'm in a completely calm frame of mind at the present moment and am ready to jump off here and watch the Super Bowl. I couln't be more serene after working a long Sunday, and I have to say that work stinks.
I realize that this is by no means an original idea. I'm sure that at the dawn of civilization the Mesopotamians really hated sitting in their proto-cubicles and writing on their clay tablets 8 hours a day. I'm sure that for every day I spend at my computer, there are at least 10 million other people out there who've been at their respective computer longer doing sillier work. What I will say is that I understand that every person out there who is doing those silly tasks deserves a change of pace. I'll be really glad when I can change gears and spend my days driving nails into wood.
In all seriousness, the job is getting to about its hardest and it seems like I've got things coming in from every direction all the time. I'm sure I'm growing as a result, but I'm also coming home every night and mentally dropping off right after work. I kind of wanted to be able to read or learn guitar and generally have some self improvement, but it will have to wait until I've improved the Special Olympics accommodations department for a little while. Six more days til opening ceremonies. Wish me (and the athletes) luck.
2 comments:
You've just described exactly what it's like be a parent to your kids. And that lasts for about 20 years. So don't forget to have some fun too. Love, Dad
Good luck Jesse and all the olympic athletes.
Post a Comment